Monday, November 11, 2013

Meet The Front Bottoms

The Front Bottoms was one of the groups I was talking about earlier that opened for Manchester Orchestra last night that I was super impressed with. Now you will have to bare with me since I have known about this band oh for about 15 hours but I'm doing my due diligence. 

I have bought their latest album and am in the process of listening to it and I'm as equally impressed as I was last night. The other cool thing is I found out they are a product of Bergen Country, NJ. That is a mere 30 minutes from where I grew up. Jersey represent!!

Here is what their amazon profile says:

"What can we say about The Front Bottoms? We know we love them: a punk band that uses acoustic guitar, indie-rock dance grooves, Springsteen-y keyboard lines (this they might deny). It’s hook-filled… it’s anthemic… it’s confessional. Maybe Joni Mitchell by way of Green Day? They must have heard some Replacements along the way, and it seems like what Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers did for the Boston suburbs these guys are doing for Bergen County, NJ. But they still leave us scratching our heads. Just what the hell have the Front Bottoms alchemized?"

Here is their lyric video for 'Skeleton'. I'll write more tomorrow once I get a full listen to the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment