Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Update: Life is Moving Quickly

Oh Hello!

I know my five readers have been missing me but for real I can not believe the year that I have had already. Its been a very intense last few months but it seems as if I have finally landed on my feet and am ready to tackle the fall.

Lets see what have I been up to the last few months.

I changed jobs. That was a big one. I really did see myself staying at HHH Richmond for a much longer time but when opportunities present themselves you have to go grab them right? So I find myself the new manager of the Evelyn D. Reinhart Guest House, its a great opportunity with great people. I feel blessed that they came and found me.

And for a whole other set of reasons today kind of feels like day 1 of the rest of my life. Anyone who knows me knows why and I just hope and pray that it turns out okay. I must remember that there is a lot of life ahead of me and I need to be available to grab it.

My mother told me a great story this weekend when I needed it the most. It was from a time that I had almost forgotten about but needed a reminder. She told me a story from when my coach presented me my captains award at the end of my basketball season my senior year in high school (hard to believe that was 14 years ago....). My mother reminded me of the story that my coach told that night. She said "Katie and I had a very interesting last four years. There were days that we would butt heads and fight until we were both out of steam. Every time we both thought we were right and we would both hold our ground. She would leave practice so angry that I would think that she would never come back to my team. Yet there she was the next morning bouncing into my office like nothing had happened. The resiliency in this girl is incredible. She always manages to tackle the most difficult tasks but keeping her eye on the prize. And the prize was this team."

Now for many this story would not make sense but for me right now it is what I needed to hear. I've been bounced around a lot in my life but I manage to wake up get on my feet and hope for the best. I have my parents to thank for that. They always said I could do and be anything and no matter how much I thought they were ridiculous they certainly were right.

Here is to ending 2014 with a bang and bringing on the next 32 years....

(Yes I just turned 32, how insane is that!)


No comments:

Post a Comment