Thursday, December 2, 2010

23 Days Until Christmas

Christmas is easily my favorite holiday. I love it. Love it. LOOOOOOVE IT. 

I don't know why I love it all that much but for some reason its the one time out of the year where everything is beautiful to me. I love buying presents for my family and friends. I love to walk down the street and see everyones decorations. I love to see little kids with that sparkle in their eye when Santa rounds the corner at the end of a Christmas parade. I have had my fair share of amazing Christmas Eve's and Day. I mean I spent one Eve at the Plaza in NYC, across the street from FAO Schwartz. That was amazing. There was one time when I got a bike, that I thought was a definite highlight of my life. Or the time when my brother came flying down the stairs and popped his blow up He-Man tiger on impact. 

Christmas to me will always be a wonderful holiday. 

This year will be no different, except it will. It will be my first Christmas officially in my new home of Richmond, Va. Thats right for the first time in 10 years I am not driving back to NJ for the holiday, opting to spend it down here in my apartment with friends and the city. I'm actually way more excited then I ever thought I could be. I mean how many times do you really get the opportunity to start a new tradition. To figure it out on your own. And if I know anything about myself... I will make the best of it. 

To all my family that I will be missing, I will of course miss taking the picture at the top of the stairs. Or traveling in the snow usually to one of my Aunts houses to eat pasta and open presents. I will miss you. But its time to start a new.... I'll be back next year I promise.

So for the next 23 days, one post will be dedicated to my "Christmas Playlist". Because this year it will finally be MINE! HA.

Here it goes... enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment