Thursday, December 9, 2010

Celebrate Life

Today is a big day for me at work. I'm throwing a "Thank You" brunch for all of my volunteers to thank them for making my job so awesome. But really they are the best, and it got me to thinking last night about people who volunteer. They say giving to others is the best thing you can do for yourself...and well these people have that lesson down. 

So what I take from these volunteers of all ages is that you need to live and celebrate your life. You have to be thankful to be here, and you have to give back when you can. Follow those rules and I see everyday how you can be happy well into your 70s....

This also reminded me of a video I saw a few days ago that has stuck with me. 

It was of a holocaust survivor and his kids and grandkids literally dancing at Auschwitz. At first you may look at it funny but if you look closer you see the real message of this video. Celebrating life. Celebrating surviving it all. Dancing for all those who can't anymore. Dancing because you are free. 

So amazing. So go. Today be free. What are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment