Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Jeret Peterson - 1981 - 2011

I know I've been full of sad news since I came back but sometimes thats how life is. This next one caught me by total surprise. So remember back in the Vancouver Olympics during the crazy ski jump ariels competition a kid from the US named "Speedy" came and through down what was called a 'Hurricane'. Aka the toughest jump known to man. Landed it and got himself a silver. That was a great moment.

Well unfortunately he was found dead yesterday from a self inflicted gun shot wound. 

So much talent. Such a big loss. 

After reading more about him today, I have found him to be yet another tortured soul. He had a bad battle with alcoholism and depression. Yet to most of America he will always be remembered for the emotion he showed after taking home the silver medal at the 2007 games. 

"I know a lot of people go through a lot of things in their life, and I just want them to realize they can overcome anything" Peterson said that night with tears streaming down his face. "There's light at the end of the tunnel and mine was silver and I love it". 

I hope you found your light Speedy. RIP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment