Tuesday, July 26, 2011

RIP Winehouse

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but burn burn burn like fabulous roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes 'Awwww' " (Jack Keroac)

Sorry to come back on such a sad note but well....sorry.

The world lost yet another artist way to young over the weekend. Amy Winehouse passed away at the mere age of 27 from unknown causes (although we all can kind of guess). 

Amy is just a sad sad case. You knew she was a tortured soul from the beginning, but dang she was good. Her album 'Back to Black' has not left my ipod since the day it was put on there and I can't say that about many albums. She was raw, talented and real. Did she have issues? Of course. But that for me didn't take her talent away.

I think a lot about the quote I started this post with when I think of Amy's passing. She was definitely one of those who while here on Earth burned very bright. 

RIP Amy hope you can finally find some peace.

This is my favorite song from her album. Again her on a stool with one guitarist. Not everyone can pull this off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment