Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dear Phish. I Miss You.

0904_phish_01.jpg
This weekend Phish had an epic three night run in Colorado. 

I can't even sum into words how well they played, what songs they busted out, did I mention they played an entire night with songs that only started with the letter "S" in memory of a crew member who died. 

Its hard for me to put into words how much I miss this band (yes I know its been what two months since my last show.... thats about six weeks too long). 

Here are some of the quotes I'm reading from reviews:

"Phish slammed the door on their greatest 3 night stand of the year last night, again crushing two sets of highlight ridden music for their Denver audience" - Mr. Miner

"The three nights at Dick's (sporting arena) - featuring a band working at their absolute peak- will still be lingering in our tape decks and craniums when they storm the next stage" -HeyReverb

"While we usually point you in the direction of certain songs/jams to hear in this recap, just listen to it all - especially the second set - as Phish put one hell of an exclamation point on this tour. Let's hope a New Year'r run is in the works..." - LiveMusic Blog

The rumors are that the NYE run will be in either NYC or Miami. I personally am hoping for Miami, for I could use some sun in December :)

I will spend the entire rest of the day listening to said shows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment