Thursday, January 23, 2014

Speaking of Country Music....

This latest venture is not the first time I got really into country music. Trust me it does happen from time to time. The first was Mr. Garth Brooks and the second time was when I fell hard for the Dixie Chicks. I loved them and well I still do. I think their songwriting was absolutely stellar and Natalie's voice is incomparable. 

Their songs still go down as some of my favorites. Can they reunite yet?

Pretty sure this next song got me through moving to Richmond. I used to sit in my apartment by myself and play it over and over again trying to convince myself that this move was a good one. 9 Years later I still play it.

"She needs wide open spaces
Room to make her big mistakes
She needs new faces
She knows the high stakes

She traveled this road as a child
Wide eyed and grinning she never tired
But now she won't be coming back with the rest
If these are life lessons, she'll take this test"


'Traveling Soldier' is another good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment