Monday, April 5, 2010

National Poetry Month

Well I'm going to try and get this done today, fractured wrist and all.

It pains me not to be writing every day, but I figured that I could push through the pain and bring you a small but important post today.

April 1st marked the first day of "national poetry month". yaaay! I know everyone is as excited as I am. I wish I had the energy or the wrist motion to go into why I love poetry so much. But to keep it short its the way these authors play with simple words. They take these simple words and paint such pretty pictures.

I am going to share with you today some poetry from one of my favorites, a man I talked about a few weeks ago. Mr. Shel Silverstein. This mans poetry fueled my creativity as a kid. He was an inspiration to all. His writing transported you into a different world.

Here are a few classics (with illustrations):


No comments:

Post a Comment