Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Lovers Eyes

Here is another cut from the M&S album called "Lovers Eyes". 

"Love was kind for a time
But now just aches and it makes me blind
This mirror holds my eyes too bright
I can't see the others in my life
Were we too young
And heads too strong
To bear the weight of these lover's eyes
'Cause I feel numb beneath your tongue
Beneath the curse of these lover's eyes"

What make me fall in love with this band a few years ago was their lyrics. They are really able to paint such a vivid picture using their words that I always find myself dissecting them and trying to figure out exactly what Marcus is trying to say. In this next tune it is obviously about a young relationship. A couple that fell in love at too young of an age, at a point in their life where they weren't ready for such a commitment of trust. They weren't sure who they were as individuals yet. They got lost in the relationship. It ended badly and the man now feels remorse but in the end understands that the timing was just not there. They were too young. They needed to grow before they could handle something so serious. 

Gorgeous song!

No comments:

Post a Comment