Thursday, May 19, 2011

Temptation of Adam

Let me start by saying that. I love Josh Ritter.

If you were to ask me what my favorite song of his is.... its easy. 'The Temptation of Adam' in my world is the perfect love song. Its simple, sweet and beautiful. I mean if you really take the next few minutes to listen to the lyrics of this song that paint a beautiful picture, I promise you, you will cry.

Sorry but you will. Its that hauntingly beautiful. You see... its about the end of the world... and love. Perfect.

"We could hold each other close and stay up every night
Looking up into the dark like it's the night sky
And pretend this giant missile is an old oak tree instead
And carve our names into the warhead

Oh Marie there's something tells me things just won't work out above
That our love would live a half-life on the surface
So at night while you are sleeping
I hold you closer just because
As our time grows short I get a little nervous

I think about the Big One, W.W. I.I.I.
Would we really care the world had ended
You could hold me here forever like you're holding me tonight
I look at that great big red button and I'm tempted

No comments:

Post a Comment