Monday, December 17, 2012

Bonnie Raitt "God Only Knows"

Like everyone else in America I have been absolutely traumatized by what happened in Newtown, CT last Friday. All I can imagine is that in my middle school I had 32 kids in my entire grade. Entire grade. And to think about some of my classmates now and the impact they have had on this world, and the lives that they have lead has my heart breaking for the victims who will not live out their destiny. 

This is not the time to talk about guns, or to point the fingers and blame each other. This is a time to remember the victims, to take a look at ourselves and our culture and figure out exactly what we can do to stop this. Because I don't know about you but I'm sick of this shit.

Here is a good song for the occasion. 

"God only knows that we can we do 
No more or less he'll allow
Well, God only knows we mean well
God knows that we just don't know how
But I try to be your light in love
And pray that is enough for now
Well I try to be your light in love
And I'll pray that is enough for now"

No comments:

Post a Comment