Friday, June 28, 2013

Are You A Loyal Phish Fan?

I just spent my entire morning filling out a questionnaire/story submission for PBS who is getting ready to do an interview with Phish's front man Trey. Trey told them how important the fans are to their success and wanted some fan stories submitted to go along with his interview. A friend sent me the link knowing that I would be interested and well PBS just got the full story.
 
I have thousands of Phish pictures to send them but I picked the one above because it perfectly sums up the excitement that I had and the obsession I have with their poster art (have you seen my apt lately?). This picture was taken before NYE 2010 and Beth and I had waited almost 4 hours in the freezing cold to get our hands on these posters.
 
I told them all about the story of me parking my car 15 miles outside Coventry VT and walking into they venue in 2004. I told them about the bond this band created between me and my friends in college. I told them all about the 5 o'clock crew (the random friends I made at a NYC bar who remain friends of mine to this day all because a Phish song came on the radio). I told them about the Halloween trip where I dressed as a glowbot and walked the Atlantic City boardwalk. I told them how it took me 15 years to see my favorite song live (yay Lizards). I told them about how my friends and I are planning a trip on Labor Day to fly to Colorado to reunite and see our favorite band. Most of all I told them all about how Phish has given me something that nobody else has in the last 30 years. A sense of belonging, a sense of community.a sense that there would be nowhere else in the entire would that I would rather be than a Phish show.
 
Now lets see if they pick my story. Either way it was a lot of fun to reminisce about old times and remember exactly what it was that made me fall in love with this band in the first place.
 
Happy Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment