Monday, June 24, 2013

Meryl For President

It is Meryl Streeps 64th birthday and to celebrate Buzzfeed has gathered her most inspiring quotes.
 
I love her. I love her. I love her.
 
"I think that to find your own way. You have your own rules. You have your own understanding of yourself, and that's what you're going to count on. In the end, it's what feels right to you. Not what your mother told you. Not what some actress told you. Not what anybody else told you but the still, small voice."
 
"It's good to push yourself and do what you don't necessarily want to do, that if you're not automatically good at it, you should try it. Trying is so important."
 
"Integrate what you believe in every single area of your life. Take your heart to work and ask the most and best of everybody else too."
 
"As I lose friends, you can't help but mark the passage of time and understand that things are changing. You have a deeper appreciation of the finite number of years you have. You want to say something important in that. You want to make it count. You want help. You want to make people happy. You want to be there for all of it so I'm very grateful."
 
"If you have a brain, you are obliged to use it"
 
"My advice: Don't waste so much time worrying about your skin or your weight. Develop what you do, what you put your hands on in the world."
 
"I want to feel my life while I'm in it"
 
"Power, influence, strength-- all those things can overpower what's important in life. But as long as you have food and shelter over your head, if the necessities are taken care of, what makes us happy on top of that is very simple."
 
"Just relax and enjoy it all"

No comments:

Post a Comment