Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Here Again

(walking to Jamestown Settlement yesterday)
 
Well well well what do we have here? Another Monday morning you say? Well I guess I'll take it if it means we are inching slowly towards another weekend.
 
I hope that all four people who read this had a great weekend. I definitely did. My mom came down from New Jersey, we toured all around Richmond and then made our way to Jamestown/Williamsburg yesterday. It was great to see her, we laughed so hard for most of the weekend that the days just flew by. How lucky am I to have such a special person like her in my life?
 
Yet she left this morning and now I'm back to the grind of work. Ugh. I guess I shouldn't complain too much right? I have a lot of things to look forward to in the next couple of months not to mention the birthday coming up in September. Hard to believe I will be 31. I feel no more than 19 on most days. Honestly. I am going to be doing my best to live these last few months of my 30s as positive and grateful as possible. I would suggest you do the same with this summer.
 
Go out. Enjoy yourselves. Enjoy the weather (when its not 100 degrees). And be grateful for everyone and everything that is in your life.
 
Oh and on another completely random note. I saw the movie 'The Great Gatsby' on Saturday and I highly recommend it to everyone reading this. They do an absolutely amazing job incorporating today's music into an old story. Fabulous in every sense of the word.
 
Here is my favorite from the soundtrack that I'm currently downloading:
 
-Never been a huge fan of Lana Del Rey and to be honest I really never got the attraction to her voice. Until now. OMG this song "Young and Beautiful" may be my new soundtrack to life.
 
"Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?"
 
 
Stay tuned to this blog today for more songs from the soundtrack. Amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment