Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Happy One Year of Blogging to Me!


Today I celebrate the one year anniversary of my blog. 

This entire thing started off as a dare to myself. I love to write and I love music so I dared myself to write at least 2-3 music related articles each day M-F for one year. I did this not only to expand on my music taste but to really see if I could stick to a creative commitment. A public commitment. One that I could literally track my progress for each day. 

Well I did it and little did I know how enjoyable this ride would be. I have listened, read and learned about hundreds of new artists I would have never been tuned into before this blog. I have met and been connected to some of the coolest people out there in the "blog world". I have learned more about my writing styles, technology, scoring free wi-fi, how to play youtube at work without being caught, my parents music taste as well as my friends, the pop culture scene and most of all I have learned about what has attracted me to music in the first place. The freedom. 

The freedom not to be judged on your choice of music. The freedom to play a song and instantly be in a better mood. The freedom to look up lyrics and have them move you before the song even begins. I love it. Which is why I spend a majority of my money either seeing concerts, at the itunes store or at the old record shop. I just can't get enough of it. 

So yay. I did it. I made a commitment and stuck to it. Got to say I'm a pretty happy camper today. And to celebrate I am posting one of my all time favorite songs by one of my top three artists. I love it for so many different reasons. This is my favorite version, please stay and listen for one of the more amazing sax solos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment