Wednesday, August 1, 2012

All Is Forgiven NBC

So for the last two days I was very critical of NBC's coverage of the Olympics. Then last night happened. I went into the night not happy about having some of the swimming and gymnastics spoiled for me while I was at work but when the nights coverage was over I was left with a huge smile on my face and the promise to never make fun of NBC ever again. 

Why you ask? Easy. For those of you who made it to the end of coverage last night they saw Michael Phelps break the record to become the most decorated Olympian ever. Right after the race during the next commercial NBC did a huge tribute to the man showing all of the races that got him to this moment. Well who would have thought but the music playing in the background of this video was none other than Phish's Tweezer Reprise. I really wish there was a video of my face when I realized that they were playing Phish during their prime time coverage. 

And what a song to choose too! Can't think of one in their arsenal with more energy.

So bravo NBC. You officially get a pass for the rest of the Olympics from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment