Thursday, August 9, 2012

Olympic Pictures of the Day


Last nights Olympic coverage belonged to these two. After dominating three straight Olympics the duo of Misty May-Treanor and Kerry Walsh-Jennings brought home the Gold last night, their third straight. This pretty much solidifies that they will go down in history as the best duo to every play the sport. You don't get more dominating then what they accomplished. 

This seems to be the last match ever for Misty who announced her retirement shortly after winning the gold. It looks like Kerry will try and make another run for it in Rio, but it sure won't be the same without Misty by her side.

Misty says this about retirement. "This is my last match. Beach volleyball's not going to be my career anymore... Its time for me to be a wife. I want to be a mom and share time with my family. All of us as athletes sacrifice more on the family end than people realize. And it's getting back to that. My mind says its time. My body says its time. And its the right time."

Way to go out on top Misty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment