Monday, November 19, 2012

10 Reasons The AMA's Are Terrible!

Okay here goes nothing. And again these opinions are strictly my own and if I offend one of the artists you love well then... this blog is probably not for you.

Moving forward.

Last night was the American Music Awards and well they were terrible! TERRIBLE! Besides some small highlights (looking at you Pink and K. Clarkson) it was a display of everything that was wrong with the music business. Here is the top 10 reasons why the music industry is dying.

1. Justin Bieber basically swept the award show. Repeat. Bieber won ARTIST OF THE YEAR. Are you kidding me? Then he got up on stage and thanked his "haters". I can't even begin to tell you what has gone wrong with this kid. I'll blame everything on his swagger coach. Yes he has one.

2. This collaboration between PSY and MC Hammer was allowed to happen


3. They gave Nicki Minaj "best rap album" she was up against two people I had never heard of before. Really there is nobody else that belongs in this category. Also I loved how halfway through her acceptance speech she changed her voice and talked normal. Stop with the act Nicki we can see right through you.

4. Seriously Usher you are still around? Dont' you have enough money by now that you don't have to wear leather pants and literally run around on stage dancing for 20 minutes. Go home. Take care of your kids. You had a decent career. Stop riding your boy Biebers coattails. 

5. Technology is ruining everything!! There was no opening of any envelopes last night instead the awards were delivered via the use of a tablet. Come on.

6. Everything was so bad that I actually enjoyed Ke$ha's performance. Even with a leotard outfits. At least she sung live, something that most people refused to do. It was also at this point of the night I started to question my own sanity.


7. Jenny McCarthy tried to prove herself relevant by literally attacking Justin Bieber on stage after presenting him an award. Girl you should have just married Jim Carrey when you had the chance and spent the rest of your life laughing. Now you are just sad.

(I just noticed that this blog is starting to get very mean. But seriously did any of you watch this show? I'm being pretty nice...)

8. Why is Chris Brown still invited anywhere? And why do we keep giving him awards? Still don't get that one.

9. Artist of the Year went to the girl that sang "Call Me Maybe". Seriously? Things are just laughable now.

10. My final reason that the music world is a dying industry is that this show is allowed to exist without the mention of any good music at all. Happy 40 year anniversary AMA's. We miss you Dick Clark. 

I'm out
Drops Mic.

No comments:

Post a Comment