Monday, November 19, 2012

Repost: Not A Music Article

Every now and again my mind wanders too long on ESPN and I get too into my sports news. Its a problem I've had since I was a child. Today I spent a good amount of time convincing myself that the Jets can take down the Patriots this Thursday. I blame the AMA's last night for giving me delusional ideas. Anyways on Thanksgiving night while you all are passed out from eating too much turkey. I will be freezing my butt off at the stadium for my first Jets home game of the season (a travesty if I do say so myself).

Anyways as I was thinking about all the clothes I needed to take home from the game I stumbled upon Rick Reilly's article about how "All NFL games should be home games". Click on that link for the full article but I will highlight just some of his very true points. 

1) At home, you don't have to stand in line to pee. (Although at most NFL games there is no line in the girls bathroom. Bonus!)

3) The average cost of a beer at an NFL game is $7.13. In your fridge, it's about a buck. And it's colder. And you can keep the cap if you want.

6) At home, parking is free. At an NFL game, the average cost to park is $27.35 ($50 at Jets games), according to Team Marketing Report. In San Francisco this weekend, people driving motor homes paid $100. A hundred dollars! And do you know what those people did once they parked those motor homes? Sat in lawn chairs and watched football on HDTV.

7) The yellow first down line. 

10) At home, nachos aren't 15 stale round tortilla chips placed in a plastic tray with cold Velveeta cheese squirted into the corner and topped by half a jalapeno sliced thinner than a Matthew McConaughey plot.

12) Your DVR pause button.

18) At home, nobody murders the national anthem for you. Networks don't show it anymore. At stadiums, I've heard renditions that make you want to rip up the turf and crawl under it. One woman in Atlanta tortured every single note, up and down the scales, until you wanted to walk up to her and hand her sheet music. "Here's the actual song. You should sing it some time."

20) Home is much, much cheaper. To take four people to a Dallas Cowboys game with hot dogs and Cokes and some souvenirs will run you $634.78. My God, you could get a 50-inch HDTV at Best Buy for $550 and have enough left to buy 84 beers. 

Say what you want about Rick but he is dead on in this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment