Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"Maybe" From Annie

Last night I found myself watching NBC's Smash again. I don't know why I do it to myself, every week I have big hopes and every week I end up laughing or falling asleep by the end of the hour. How can a show with so much talent, a huge budget and great music end up so badly? It made me think about why I like musical theater in the first place and it all goes back to the movie "Annie". I used to watch that movie on repeat and belt out the tunes from the top of the stairs in my house. I truly believed that if I wasn't a dark Italian girl but a pale redhead the part would be mine. Lets just pause and remember the original movie for a moment (Yes I know Will Smith and Jay-Z is remaking it, I hear they signed the girl from the "Beasts of the Southern Wild" yet I am still not 100% on board). How can you top these classics?

My favorite song: "Maybe"

And of course the amazing "Hard Knock Life"

Yup some things about musical theater never ever get old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment