Thursday, February 28, 2013

Eric Clapton AKA The Man

I have never hid my love for Eric Clapton on this blog. In fact he is one of about the 5 acts I have yet to see in life that are on my must see list. Well in an interview with Rolling Stone he admits that the days you will be able to see him are winding down... 

Clapton who is about to release his 21st studio album in March and is following that up with a spring US arena tour (seriously who is taking me to this show!!!) But he admits to "see him when you can" because his touring days are winding down. 

"The bit onstage, that's easy" he tells R.S. "If I could do that around my neighborhood that would be great. You have guys in TX that play their circuit and it keeps them alive. But for me, the struggle is the travel. And the only way you can beat that is by throwing so much money at it that you make a loss. So the idea is I'm taking a leaf out of the JJ Cale book: When I'm 70 I'll stop. I won't stop playing or doing one-offs, but I'll stop touring. I think."

Okay now seriously who is in for his show this spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment