Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dia Frampton

Its summertime. This means that I obviously got sucked into another reality tv competition. This time it was the one that called itself "The Voice". Now when I first started watching it this girl Vickki came out swinging, I kind of thought she would just take the crown without fight from anyone else. 

Then all of a sudden something magical happened. As soon as it got time for the artists to really perform on their own outside the audition rounds, this girl with a golden voice started to emerge from nowhere. 

Her name is Dia Frampton, and well she deserved to win the whole thing last night. (Unfortunately some other guy did, but we won't talk about that here). She has that type of voice that you would absolutely kill for. And well out of any voice I have heard out of a competition in the last few years this one is easily the most unique.

Here are my favorite two "cover" performances:

Kanye West "Heartless"

REM "Losing My Religion" - I added her back story to this video, because it really shows how special she is. Can't wait to get her album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment