Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New Florence + The Machine!

I love Florence + The Machine. Easily one of my favorite artists to emerge from last year. Now she is back with new music and I'm just loving it. Something about her soaring voices puts her in leagues above everyone else. She sings about real life; she sings with passion; best is she doesn't care if you like her or not. She will not conform to what you think she should sound, or what you think she should wear. Really looking forward to her new album.

Check out some of these badass lyrics from her new song...

"Shake It Out"

Regrets collect like old friends
Here to relive your darkest moments
I can see no way, I can see how way
And all the ghouls come out to play

And every demon wants his pound of flesh
But I like to keep some things to myself
I like to keep my issues strong
Its always darkest before the dawn

And I've been a fool and I've been blind
I can never leave the past behind
I can see no way, I can see no way
I'm always dragging that horse around

And its hard to dance with a devil on your back
So shake him off

And I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't
So here's to drinks in the dark at the end of my road
And I'm ready to suffer and I'm ready to hope
It's a shot in the dark and right at my throat
Cause looking for heaven, for the devil in me
Well what the hell I'm gonna let it happen to me

No comments:

Post a Comment