Monday, October 17, 2011

No One But You

Queen's "No One But You" written after their front man Freddie Mercury passed is one of the most powerful songs I have ever heard in my entire life. I can't really explain more than that how much this song has touched me. It just seems to sum up Freddie pretty great... not to mention the countless other musicians we lost too young. I can only imagine how hard it must have been for his brothers in music not only to write this song but to perform it to perfection. 

"One by one
Only the good die young
They're only flyin' too close to the sun
And life goes on-
Without you...
And now the party must be over
I guess we'll never understand
The sense of your leaving
Was it the way it was planned?
And so we grace another table
And raise our glasses one more time
There's a face at the window
And I ain't never, never sayin' goodbye....
One by one
Only the good die young..."

And yes I know I'm totally in a Freddie Mercury phase but really can you blame me?

No comments:

Post a Comment