I've been spending a lot of time over at the website HelloGiggles and that is where I found this next article. It made me laugh so hard out loud that I felt the need to repost it here. Again, not my ideas... theirs. But its too great (not to mention true) not to have here.
"What To Do When You're Feeling Blue"
If you're feeling blue, don't hesitate to use my ten go-to, never fail soothing techniques. I like to call it therapy for the bourgeoisie (emotional college girls).
1. Go to your local thrift store, buy a "Bill Cosby" sweater two sizes too big for a dollar or two. Wear said sweater with some shorts and tights, and look super hip while also feeling super skinny in your giant sweater.
2. Do as Michelle did in Romy and Michelles High School Reunion and stick your tongue out at young children.
3. Drink a Four Loko. The yellow kind, not the blue kind, you classless mother.
4. Go a step further and treat yourself to a box of wine... you deserve it.
5. If you're single go to your local book store, coffee shop, Whole Foods, whatever and stare at attractive boys/men. If you have a significant other, make them reenact the, "drink your milkshake" scene from There Will Be Blood. This will either make you laugh or put you in a worse mood. This technique is tricky for sure.
6. Watch a Molly Ringwald/John Hughes flick... duh! Do I really need to tell you these things?
7. Eat anything Italian. Carbohydrates are your friend.
8. Watch an entire Real Housewives marathon, preferably OC or NJ. That show will easily knock a few hours out of your day.
9. Sing along to Bikini Kill, really, really loudly, in your underwear.
10. Whatever you do, do not, I reapeat, do not, go on Facebook, Twitter or peep your high school yearbook.
(Thanks for the tips Kristina Tuason!)