Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bad News Wednesday

I'm sorry to start this day on such a sour note, but I'm starting to feel like this will be a big topic of conversation for me over the next few years. I have mentioned many many times before on this blog how I am 100% against the use of holograms to bring deceased artists back to the stage. First 2 Pac, then Freddie Mercury. I was kind of hoping that this trend would just fade into eternity...

It has not.

According to Billboard this morning, both Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix Estates are working on holograms of the artists to premiere at shows. 

Jampol who handles the estates of not only Jim and Jimmi but Otis Redding, Janis Joplin, Peter Tosh and Rick James suggested that this hologram would be part of a multimedia concert experience. The show could also include walls pixelated like giant TV screens, along with the use of lasers, lights, high quality audio and synchronized sound vibrations. 

Ugh. Not happy about this... 

No comments:

Post a Comment