Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dear GOP Senate. You Suck!

I know that this is not a political blog and most of you could care less about how I feel about politics in general but this has got me a little bothered and I need to vent. 

The amazing GOP Senate blocked legislation yesterday for a bill that would help pave the way for people like me to demand equal pay for equal work. The bill failed by 6 votes in the Senate.  

"For millions of American women, no amount of talent or dedication will bring pay equality with male coworkers" Majority Leader Harry Reid said on the Senate floor yesterday. "In the minds of many employers, they simply aren't equal". 

A similar bill failed in 2010. 

Even the President chimed in last night stating "incredibly disappointing that in this make-or-break moment for the middle class, Senate Republicans put partisan politics ahead of American women and their families". 

As a hard working woman who hopefully will have a long career ahead of her this disappoints me to no end. I really hope that everyone is paying attention to everything before they make their choice for not only their President this November but their local offices as well. 

It is 2012 people. WAKE UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment