Friday, April 5, 2013

Rick Ross... Not A Boss

Rick Ross found himself in a lot of controversy yesterday when one of his rap lyrics was interpreted to be about rape.

To be clear the rhyme is: "Put molly all in her champagne, she ain't even know it/ I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain't even know it."

I don't know about you but that sounds pretty much like rape to me. 

Rappers like everyone else have the freedom of speech to do and say whatever you would like. But that does not mean I have to like or respect you at all. And you can apologize all you want and say that the media has "misinterpreted" your lyrics but in my book you just dropped right down to the bottom. The lyric was not misinterpreted, and just because you didn't use the word rape doesn't mean you didn't know what you were saying. Please don't play us for fools.

No comments:

Post a Comment