Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Live or Let Die - Guns N' Roses

Last night while watching a recent interview with Guns N Roses front man Axl Rose they showed a video of the band doing "Live or Let Die" from a recent concert and it instantly brought me back to 1991. Yes I was 9. My older brother was a huge Guns N Roses fan and I remember stealing his album and listening to their songs over and over again. I was memorized. There just wasn't another band like them out at the time. 

(This also reminds me of one of my families favorite arguments. We were driving to my Aunt's house and my older brother tried to convince my Dad that Slash was a better guitarist than Jimmy Page. I remember my Dad almost drove off the side of the road in laughter.... still hands down one of my favorite moments ever...)

Anyways, I think their cover of Live and Let Die by Paul McCartney is one of the better covers ever. It just suits Guns N Roses so well. 

Lets take a look back into their prime and remember how good this band was/is.

No comments:

Post a Comment