Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy International Womens Day!

That is right its our day today! It is sad that as a world we have to create days like this in order to celebrate the things we are fighting for, but we do... and today I celebrate. I celebrate all the women in my life that have made such a big impact on me especially my own mother. She is a force of nature, and I couldn't love her anymore than I do. She stands up for what she believes in, she speaks out, and most importantly has taught me most of what I know. She makes me proud to be a woman, proud to fight for what I believe is right, and most of all to never feel inferior to anybody.

Tonight in honor of International Womens Day some friends and I will be out protesting at the Governors mansion here in Virginia. It is an ongoing battle this man has chosen to fight with us about the rights to our own bodies. Tonight I stand for those who can not be there. Tonight I stand for all the women who have to make a difficult decision regarding their bodies, and tonight most of all I stand for my mother. She protested Roe vs Wade and I would hate to stand back silently and watch all of her hard work go down the drain.

This is the way I choose to celebrate International Womens Day today... how will you honor those women in your life?

Now back to the music. Here is Whitney and Chaka Kahn siging "I"m Every Woman" 

No comments:

Post a Comment