Friday, March 16, 2012

Repost: St. Patricks Day 2004

Don't have a ton of time today to write a full St. Patricks Day post so I will repost an article that I posted back in 2010. It is one of my favorites. Here it goes.

St. Patty's Day 2004....A Day I Wish I Remembered

Yes, thats right I'm writing this post in lime green in honor of today, the day we call St. Patrick's Day. This is the day where around the country people have an excuse to go outside, drink green beer, eat green food, acts like a fool and nobody even looks twice. It could be the greatest day of all days for that very reason, so may I ask. Is it a crime to treat this day just like any other normal holiday like Christmas? I say no.

St. Patricks Day 2004 was kinda like Christmas. We were seniors in college. Approximately 3 months out of graduation. To date we at the Elizabeth Street house had thrown our fair shares of parties and was down for throwing Sarah (whos birthday is actually today) an epic bday party. So we did just that. We ordered a Guinness keg (yes an entire keg, do you know that it requires a completely different tap...yeah that was a learning curve), we got all things necessary to have car bombs, we ordered a few other regular kegs. Midnight Spaghetti (yes a band) agreed to play a show in our living room, we invited everyone, and we were set. The party was a super huge success. I do not remember many of the details besides the next morning was probably one of the ugliest scenes ever witnessed inside E. Street.

Man was that a great day!

Happy St. Patty's Day everyone. I hope your day brings you as much cheer as the day in 04 brought to me. And finally, I have found a video detailing my exact reactions waking up that warm morning in 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment