Tuesday, July 31, 2012

McCartney Does It For Free!

This was expected but still pretty cool. Despite the big stage of the 2012 London Opening Ceremony, the musicians involved including former Beatle legend Paul McCartney earned a mere 1 pound or $1.57 in US, for their services that evening. The Olympic organizers say the small sum was paid to the stars in order to make their contracts binding.

Pretty Neat.

And while we are talking about the Olympics let me tell NBC just once that I hate them! I stayed away from as much coverage as I could yesterday (especially the swimming results). Only to have you show a commercial for the Today Show with Missy Franklin winning the Gold, literally in the commercial break before she competed. I don't know how many other people caught that but it did not make me too happy last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment