Thursday, January 12, 2012

First Song from Hunger Games

The only movie that is really on my radar for the next year is "The Hunger Games". Its one of my favorite books and now that the whole trilogy is about to play out on the big screen. For those who haven't heard of these books and need just a quick summary its pretty simple. 

This series of books is about the country of Panam in a post apocalyptic future, here the Capitol reminds the citizens that they are powerful by holding the annual hunger games. The games includes sending one boy and one girl from each one of the 12 districts in to fight to their death. 24 kids go in, one comes out. 

I know it sounds crazy morbid but its actually really well done. I read the first book in about two days, its a true page turner. So as you can imagine, my hope is high for these movies. 

Yesterday I finally heard the first cut from the soundtrack. At first I was a little surprised that they gave a song to Taylor Swift but after listening to the song I was shocked that it was her. She gets help from one of my new favorite bands The Civil Wars and actually has a great song on her hands. Bravo. 

Can't wait for March!

No comments:

Post a Comment