Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hammer and Strings (A Lullaby)

Been listening a lot to Jack's Mannequin's second album lately. I have no idea what it is about this band that keeps me coming back so often, or why I never seem to get sick of any of their songs. It just works for me, and if you know me I stick to what works in my life... 

This next song "Hammer and Strings" always catches me by surprise every time I hear it. I just love it. 

"Give me something to believe in,
So write it down
I don't think that I'll close my eyes
Cause lately I'm not dreaming
So what's the point in sleeping
Its just at night
I've got nowhere to hide

To the sleepless this is my reply:
I'll write you a lullaby" 


I hope everyone is having a good Tuesday. I'm extremely busy at work about to walk into a meeting at noon that will last for well over two hours (my favorite). But no real complaints here because.. wait for it... I'm off to get pizza! And pizza makes everything better!

No comments:

Post a Comment