Monday, January 9, 2012

NME's Best Quotes of 2011

Just reading one of my favorite music blogs "NME" and came across a great article of some of the best quotes from artists in 2011. And by great, most are absolutely ridiculous. Right up my alley. Also please excuse the language, its their words not mine. Promise!

Here they go:

"The people I want to be there (at my funeral) are like world leaders. Ones that say, 'Kanye gave me my first shot, he told me to believe in myself." - Kanye West during a recent tour stop

"I know his bank account's good but sometimes I know he's probably like, 'I don't want to go to this fucking charity event, I wanna go play Xbox'." -Tyler the Creator on Justin Beiber

"You're going to be fucking arrested wearing his gear and you're going to pull a really nice-looking bird wearing mine." -Liam Gallagher in comparing his clothes line to Jay-Z's

"We're a U.S. export the same way Coca-Cola is. We look for the best markets to go to. Right now Indonesia is on my watch list." - Metallica to the Wall Street Journal

"There are a lot of fucking weirdo's in the music industry. It's just like dayum, how do you get so weird" -Azealia Banks

"If a song makes you want to move and run, that's good. But running outdoors. I'm not very big on the treadmill because it freaks me out. I don't like running when I'm not going anywhere. I'm kind of like Pheobe from Friends when I run. Lots of flailing. - Florence Welch (I actually know exactly what she means!)

"I spent about 40 minutes with these little pricks at the end of May and I haven't wanted to strangle anybody that much in a real long time" - Nirvana producer Steve Albini on Odd Future

Here is to even better ones in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment