Thursday, January 12, 2012

More Songs from TV

One of the best things about a television show is when they are able to match the dialogue or the scene to a perfect song. It can make or break an entire episode. I have gone into my thoughts about this in length before on this blog so I won't do it again, but when this perfect match happens I often find myself lost in a tv show. (Yes I just said lost in a tv show... it happens people). 

One show that seems to still do this to me after 8 seasons is Greys Anatomy (hold your judgement). Its actually not a terrible show, and the music is some of the best. Its what keeps me taping it every week and saving them until that one afternoon where I can sit on my couch and watch 4 or 5 in a row. Its the best for those kind of days. 

Here is an example of when these two just come together perfectly. Song is 'Black Tables' by Other Lives. And here is a piece of dialogue from the episode its featured in. 

"We all remember the bed time stories of our childhood. The shoe fit Cinderella, the frog was turned into a prince, sleeping beauty was awakened with a kiss. Once upon a time, and then they lived happily ever after. Fairy tales: the stuff of dreams. The problem is, fairy tales don't come true. It's the other stories, the ones that start in dark and stormy nights and end in the unspeakable. Its the nightmares always seem to become the reality."

No comments:

Post a Comment