Monday, January 9, 2012

Itunes Sessions

It should be no surprise that as big of a music fan as I am, my itunes account is insane. I spend a lot of money each month on music and well, it usually is all well worth it. This past week while I was on my death bed I went on a splurge and bought a few new cds. The best by far was an itunes session by Kelly Clarkson. Itunes sessions are the best because its about 10 acoustic songs and a 45 minute interview for about six bucks. You can't beat that! And this one is quite special.

Kelly gives some great performances of some new and old songs. Her voice while a little strained towards the end songs, belts them out almost perfectly. I really wish I could sing like her. 

The next two songs are my favorite from the session. The first is her song "Never Again", and while its a pretty upbeat rock song off of one of her albums, the way it is done here is magical. Check it.


The second is a version of her new song "Mr. Know-It-All". Again, just a great take on it. So I guess the point I'm getting to here is go check out some of these itunes sessions, they are well worth your hard earned six bucks.  


Other Itunes Session Suggestions: Grace Potter, The Black Keys, Lykke Li, The Decemberists, My Morning Jacket and The Head and the Heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment