Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Favorite: Jaymay

Meet Jaymay. Also known to her inner circle as Jamie Serman, an artist that has been called the "darling of the New York City anti-folk scene". I found her music after watching a movie last week and falling in love with the soundtrack (movie name: HappyThankYouMorePlease). I finally got around to finding the soundtrack this weekend and I was quite surprised with what I found. While there is no official soundtrack for this indie movie, in the credits were listed 14 of Jaymay's songs. Yup thats basically the entire movie. I quickly went and purchased her last three albums and it has been a simple love ever since. 

Enjoy my favorite live version of "One May Die So Lonely". It won't be the last I write about her. Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment