Thursday, January 24, 2013

Musician Quotes

Here we go for another round of musician quotes. If you regularly follow this blog you should be used to these posts by now. Here are some of my favorites:

"I'm the one that's got to die when its time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to" - Jimi Hendrix

"I don't want to give any advice to a 19 year old, because I want a 19 year old to make mistakes and learn from them. Make mistakes, make mistakes, make mistakes. Just make sure they are your mistakes" - Fiona Apple

"The reason we're successful, darling? My overall charisma, of course" - Freddie Mercury

"When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me.' you just scream." - John Lennon 

"A lot of people make money off of fear and negativity and any way they can feed it to you is to their benefit in a lot of ways. You can't avoid it completely; you have to be open enough that shit doesn't stick on you, it goes through, because you are gonna be hit and bombarded all the time with negativity.... You just let thing go on through without trying to stop them or block them" - Willie Nelson

"The ocean scares me" - Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys

"The focus on my appearance has really surprised me. I've always been a size 14 or 16, I don't care about clothes, I'd rather spend my money on cigarettes and booze" - Adele 

"It's like if you plant something in the concrete and if it grows and the rose petal got all kinds of scratches and marks, you won't say, 'Damn, look at all the scratches and marks on the rose that grew from the concrete.' You're gonna be like 'Damn, that rose grew from the concrete." -2pac

"There's always that argument to make - that you're in better company historically if people don't understand what you're doing" - Elliot Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment