Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tom Petty - Wildflowers

I love Tom Petty. He is extremely simple and his songs are well crafted and amazing. Seriously, what is there no to like? No really I'm asking...

This next song is one of my favorite he sings simply because of the lyrics. They are close to perfect. I mean the album that it came off of is rated #12 in Rolling Stone's list of 'Best Album of the 90s' so I'm not alone here. 

Enjoy "Wildflowers"

"You belong among the wildflowers
You belong in a boat out at sea
Sail away, kill off the hours
You belong somewhere you feel free

Run away, find you a lover
Go away somewhere all bright and new
I have seen no other
Who compares with you...

You belong among the wildflowers
You belong in a boat out at sea
You belong with your love on your arm 
You belong somewhere you feel free..."

No comments:

Post a Comment