Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Coldplay... You Got Me Again.

Last night while I was watching the Spiderman movie (please don't judge) I heard a song that I absolutely fell in love with. I pulled out my phone just in time to get my shazam app running to tell me who it was and to my complete surprise the name of the song was "Till Kingdom Come" and it was performed by Coldplay. I go back and forth with this band, I really like their early records but lately they have failed to impress me. I read a little bit about this song last night. I guess Chris Martin originally wrote it as a duet to be sung with him and Johnny Cash. Unfortunately Cash passed away before he was able to record it with him. It was released as the secret track on their X&Y record.

Until this hauntingly beautiful song. Just take a look at some of the lyrics and trust me give it a chance.

"Steal my heart and hold my tongue
I feel my time, my time has come
Let me in, unlock the door
I've never felt this way before

The wheels just keep turning on
The drummer begins to drum
I don't know which way I'm going
I don't know which way I've come

Hold my head inside your hands
I need someone who understands
I need someone, someone who hears
For you, I've waited all these years

For you I'd wait 'til kingdom come
Until my day, my day is done
And say you'll come, and set me free
Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment