Tuesday, January 4, 2011

God Only Knows

Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo (Left) has been taking a lot of shit lately. First there was an online petition for him to literally stop making music due to him completely selling out and landing on back up vocals for many top of the charts pop artists. You know that song on the radio right now "I Got The Magic" yeah thats him on back up. While I don't completely agree with his latest decisions... man can do what he wants. 

That being said... I was glad to see him go back to the simple things that made him a hit to begin with. Check out the video he just posted to youtube of him by himself playing the Beach Boys classic "God Only Knows". Its pretty understated and nice. 


I can't help but flashback to one of my first concert experiences when I hear this song. Thats right, I saw the beach boys. Back when I was... I don't even know 10? All I know is my Dad surprised me for my birthday and the two of us went and saw an amazing show at PNC Arts Center in NJ. Good times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment