Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Master Class: Jay-Z


"I think Hip Hop has done more for race relations then most cultural icons..... I truly believe that racism is taught in the home...and its hard to teach racism when your kid looks up to Snoop Dogg" 

Last night while still in recovery from the weekend I sat down to watch some of the things I had saved on my DVR. The first thing I clicked on was a premiere on Oprah Winfrey's new tv station called "Master Class". This show is a simple concept. A in depth look into people who have mastered their field. Their first installment was with my favorite hip hop artist of all time, Jay-Z. Yes I just said that. The man is amazing. He has done so much, been around for so long, and he is still relevant. 

I highly suggest catching this interview with him. He talks about how it was to grow up in the projects, growing up into a drug dealer, and graduating to be not only one of the most successful rappers of all time but a full blown entrepreneur. 

This is one of the final clips from the show last night. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment