Wednesday, January 5, 2011

This Is The New Year


Its officially 2011. Time to start a new. While I usually do not make new years resolutions because well I think they are stupid. If you want to change something about your life just do it...why wait until January 1st. This year I'm going to try something different. I am going to make two promises to myself. Not resolutions, just promises. 

First I promise to wake up every morning look in the mirror and be happy for just being here. 
Second I will look in that mirror and be THANKFUL for absolutely everything that is happening in that moment. The good the bad the ugly. Its all part of this game we call life and I want to be thankful for it all. 

I came to this decision today while listening to the following song. Its words hit me like a bag of bricks. And then I decided that this year I am going to just be happy. I've done a lot of things over the last two years to change my situation and my life and well I think that 2011 will be time to reap the benefits. So bring it on. 

Here are some of the lyrics to "This Is The New Year" by Ian Axel

Another year you made a promise
another chance to turn it all around
and do not save this for tomorrow
embrace the past and you can live for now
and I will give the world to you

Speak louder that the words before you
and give them meaning no one else has found
The role we play is so important
we are the voices of the underground
and I would give the world to you

Say everything you've always wanted,
be not afraid of who you really are
cause in the end we have each other
and thats at least one thing worth living for, 
and I would give the world to you

1 comment: