Monday, January 14, 2013

Winners

The real winner of the Golden Globes last night were hosts Tina and Amy. They made the gig seem effortless, ripping jokes, making fun of themselves, keeping the show moving and not dragging along and finally ending the thing on time. 

My favorite lines of the night:

Amy: ''Kathryn Bigelow's nominated tonight. I haven't really been following the controversy over Zero Dark Thirty, but when it comes to torture, I trust the lady who spent three years married to James Cameron.''

Tina: ''Anne Hathaway, you gave a stunning performance in Les Misérables. I have not seen someone so totally alone and abandoned like that since you were on stage with James Franco at the Oscars."

Tina: ''Quentin Tarantino is here — the star of all my sexual nightmares...''


Amy: ''Meryl Streep is not here. She has the flu, and I hear she's amazing in it.''


Tina: ''Congratulations, Lena. I'm glad we got you through middle school.''


Tina: ''You know what, Taylor Swift. You stay away from Michael J. Fox's son.''


They should host every single award show until the year 2036.

No comments:

Post a Comment