Friday, March 15, 2013

Life of Pi

I watched Life of Pi last night and I was blown away. What a fantastic movie. I literally could sit here for the next hour to convince you to go tonight and rent it on DVD but that will do no good. I'll just give you some quotes from the movie, that should motivate you enough. GO SEE IT!!

"I suppose in the end, the whole of life becomes an act of letting go, but what always hurts the most is not taking a moment to say goodbye." 

"Religion is obscurity."

"No one has seen that island since, and you'd never read about those trees in any book. And yet, if I hadn't found those shores I would have died, if I hadn't discovered that tooth I would have been lost alone forever. Even when God seemed to have abandoned me, he was watching. Even when He seemed indifferent to my suffering, He was watching and when I was beyond all hope of saving... He gave me rest and gave me a sign to continue my journey.."

"It's important in life to conclude things properly. Only then can you let go. Otherwise you are left with words you should have said but never did, and your heart is heavy with remorse."

"If every unfolding we experience takes us further along in life, then, we are truly experiencing what life is offering..."

"Above all don't lose hope"

No comments:

Post a Comment