Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Voice, Day Two

Well I'm hooked. I again last night sat in front of my tv and watched another episode of The Voice. I really do enjoy the audition process of this show, I think its a fresh idea and well lets face it with the amount of singing competitions out there you need to be fresh. Last night was only an hour long so there weren't too many performances but what they gave us was some pretty good talent. (Again, nothing tops my predicted winner from night one... but one got pretty close).

First was some comedy. This girl named Cathia came up and sang a beautiful song in Spanish. I had no idea what any of it meant but it was pretty great and had most of the judges turn their chairs around. Now I will not post the video of her singing but her reaction after. It may be the best reaction on this show in years. I mean think about it, you are 19 and people like Usher and Shakira have turned their chairs around and said they want to mentor you. Her reaction was what I think anyone in that position should be... "Usher Baby..."

(poor video quality but worth it)

Now onto the performances. Meet Midas Whale, who probably has the best band name I've heard in a while. They are men from Idaho singing what they call folk rock. They are different and a duo and I loved them, especially since they sang "Folsom Prison". They are on Team Adam.


The final was my favorite from last night. A girl named Sarah Simmons came up and blew the judges away with her cover of "One of Us" by Joan Osborne. Nothing really to say but she killed it. Another one for Team Adam. So far Usher and Adam have the best talent in my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment