Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy 75th Elvis!!

Oh my god. How did I almost miss this!! I am so sorry Elvis for not remembering sooner, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Today marks what would have been your 75th birthday. Now I'm not saying that I am the biggest Elvis fan out there, but you can't not like the guy. I mean look at what he did, when he did it. He was a rockstar if the world has ever seen one. If anyone is at home today Turner Classic Movie Channel is playing an all day Elvis Marathon, which is spectacular. And I am here to bring you what is in my mind his best song...obviously Suspicous Minds. I mean check out this performance and tell me its not top notch :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELVIS.
The world and rock and roll misses you.


Other great Elvis tunes include: Thats Alright, Don't Be Cruel, All Shook Up, Can't Help Falling In Love, Love Me Tender, Suspicion and Promise Land. Check them out!

***UPDATE: Here is a great list compiled by Entertainment Weekly on 75 reasons on why you should love Elvis. Included are: His hair, his sideburns, his postage stamp. Go here: http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/01/08/elvis-presley-75-birthday/

No comments:

Post a Comment