Thursday, January 21, 2010

Redemption Song

With all thats going on with the world especially in Haiti I can't help but think how lucky I am to have my family, my friends, my health and my home. Yesterday Oprah had a show reporting all about really the "apocalypse"that is happening over there. And thats what it is, its truly just devastation. If anyone has not given yet, I urge you to support such charities as Docotors without Boarders who lost 3 hospitals over there yet have enough to make literal "tent hospitals" the size of football fields to help people. The Haitian people who barely survived these quakes (yes quakes, a 6.1 aftershock is still an earthquake) are dying from preventable diseases. Diseases like a broken arm which if not treated leads to kidney failure.

They need help, and they can not do it alone. We as a country, as citizens of this world have an obligation to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment